We’re building the best savings account in the world of the future.
It’s our mission to empower the mobile-first generation to save, invest and build real wealth seamlessly, effortlessly and innovatively.
Chip is being built by a fast-growing team of designers, developers, customer service professionals, marketers, banking experts, and entrepreneurs, with the backing of more than 23,000 investors and a huge community of Chip savers.
A global borderless digital savings account that enables everyone to save and build wealth for their future without doing anything.
Is to enable the world's adults to build a wealthier tomorrow. We do this by democratising access to market leading deposits and passive investing. This changes the world because wealth creates choices and the opportunity to live our best lives.
Everything you do matters, Care about the end result, Challenge the norm, Disagree, yet commit to making it happen once a decision has been made, Do the best job possible
Share our Ambition and do your bit to achieve it, Innovate: challenge the norm, break the mould and make it happen, Set goals that truly align with our mission, Do your best for our customers
Work cross-functionally - we win as a team, Build strong relationships based on trust, Treat others fairly and respectfully, Hold others to account, Be supportive and inclusive, Have fun together
We're growing fast and we have some very exciting plans. We're looking for a Copy Lead to help us make them happen.
Come join the excitement.
We are looking for a Head of Copy who will be owning all copy in the app and the website. But we’re growing fast and life at Chip brings a lot of variety, so you’ll likely find yourself working on scripts, ads, press-releases, emails and even out of home campaigns too.
We want you to be data-led and outcome focussed. You’ll have the chance to A/B test your work and scientifically find the words that work best.
There’s also the chance to make the role what you want it to be, Chip is a high growth start-up and we reward ingenuity, hard work and creativity.
So if you can make the complex simple, effectively bring a dash of wit to financial products, and are in your element working closely with UX designers, we have a challenge that you think we’d enjoy.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Owning all copy in the app and website and making sure it’s on brand with consistent messaging.
- Working with the UX and product team to ensure new products are on brand.
- Developing SEO content strategy with the web-exec and web designers.
- Building an extensive content library of guides/blogs/landing pages, both in the app and on the website.
- Working with the content and design team to ensure all ads follow our narrative and messaging hierarchy.
- Running copy workshops around the business.
- Signing off any service comms across all departments.
What we’re really looking for:
- 5+ years writing B2C copy.
- Financial, tech, editorial or agency background.
- A background working with regulated industries (in-house, or for an agency) and understanding of financial compliance.
- You have worked closely with UX designers, developers and product teams.
- Experience working with apps, or complex customer journeys/forms.
- Have maintained large content libraries, with strong editorial skills.
- Portfolio that demonstrates an ability to write copy that “sells”.
- Confident working with collaborative design software (sketch/figma/canva etc…).
- Extensive experience maintaining a website and using a variety of CMS tools.
What we’re really looking for: ✍️
Although we’re in the financial space, and under the scrutiny that comes with it, the current Marketing team works well together, and even sometimes with a smile. We’re sure you’ve got the technical skills, otherwise you would have stopped reading by now, so let us be clear in what will make us want to work with you.
We want a real person, with interests outside of code, to join our work family. You could be a dancer, a gamer, a musician, a parent, a hockey fan, or even that one person that still writes Twilight fan-fiction. Doesn’t matter to us. At the interview stages will be looking for empathy, eq, fun stories, and ability to smile even when things are tough. Code monkeys need not apply.
- £40,000 - £45,000 per annum dependant on experience
- Discretionary share option bonus every 6 months
- Workplace pension scheme (Employer: 3% / Employee: 4% / Tax Relief: 1% / Total: 8%)
- Free ChipX subscription for UK based employees
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited holiday (28 days contracted but policy not to count) ✈️
- Personal Learning Allowance
- Company laptop
- Opportunity to have a huge impact on our product while fast-tracking your knowledge, responsibility and skills in a high growth fintech startup 🚀
Our Interview process: 📖
- Video Screen with the Talent team
- Video interview with the hiring manager and Content Manager
- Take home task
- Final interview with CMO/VP of Growth and Product team
Note to Agencies
Chip does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to any of our live roles on our career page. Chip will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee relating to these unsolicited CVs. Chip explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Chip.