We’re building the best savings account in the world of the future.
It’s our mission to empower the mobile-first generation to save, invest and build real wealth seamlessly, effortlessly and innovatively.
Chip is being built by a fast-growing team of designers, developers, customer service professionals, marketers, banking experts, and entrepreneurs, with the backing of more than 23,000 investors and a huge community of Chip savers.
A global borderless digital savings account that enables everyone to save and build wealth for their future without doing anything.
Is to enable the world's adults to build a wealthier tomorrow. We do this by democratising access to market leading deposits and passive investing. This changes the world because wealth creates choices and the opportunity to live our best lives.
Everything you do matters, Care about the end result, Challenge the norm, Disagree, yet commit to making it happen once a decision has been made, Do the best job possible
Share our Ambition and do your bit to achieve it, Innovate: challenge the norm, break the mould and make it happen, Set goals that truly align with our mission, Do your best for our customers
Work cross-functionally - we win as a team, Build strong relationships based on trust, Treat others fairly and respectfully, Hold others to account, Be supportive and inclusive, Have fun together
We're growing fast and we have some very exciting plans. We're looking for a Financial Controller to help us make them happen.
Come join the excitement.
Our finance team is evolving and we’re looking for an experienced Financial Controller to join the team. You will report to the VP of FP&A and support the business groups at Chip to commercially manage their P&L responsibilities as well as helping the business make strategic financial decisions. Understanding business performance and making decisions on growth and cost efficiency, you will partner at many different levels at Chip.
You will be involved in driving initiatives including driving the cost effectiveness, business’ forecasts and annual planning cycle, and providing our senior leadership team, Board, and employees with insights about our performance.
How you’ll contribute / What you are responsible for:
- Lead the day to day running of normal daily, weekly and monthly accounting function
- Continual review and improvements to our finance processes, including involvement in reporting to cross-functional teams as well as the month end process
- Oversee Cash Flow and Balance Sheet Forecasting
- Manage Year End reporting including responsibility for the Annual Financial Statements as well as quarterly regulatory reporting
- Oversee the Interim & Year-End Audits
- Ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
- Take ultimate responsibility for the company cash management policies.
- Support fundraising when required
- Work with the rest of the business on cost efficiency
You should apply if you:
- Be ACA qualified
- Have previous experience of working in an FCA regulated business
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An analytical and problem-solving mind-set to understand, challenge and ask the relevant question
- Have high integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance
- Be energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
- Specific experience of working in companies that are partially VAT exempt would be useful.
What we’re really looking for: ✍️
Although we’re in the financial space, and under the scrutiny that comes with it, the current finance team works well together, and even sometimes with a smile. We’re sure you’ve got the technical skills, otherwise you would have stopped reading by now, so let us be clear in what will make us want to work with you.
We want a real person, with interests outside of code, to join our work family. You could be a dancer, a gamer, a musician, a parent, a hockey fan, or even that one person that still writes Twilight fan-fiction. Doesn’t matter to us. At the interview stages we will be looking for empathy, eq, fun stories, and the ability to smile even when things are tough.
- £50,000 - £60,000 per annum dependant on experience
- Discretionary share option bonus every 6 months
- Workplace pension scheme (Employer: 3% / Employee: 4% / Tax Relief: 1% / Total: 8%)
- Free ChipX subscription for UK based employees
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited holiday (28 days contracted but policy not to count) ✈️
- Personal Learning Allowance
- Company laptop
- Opportunity to have a huge impact on our product while fast-tracking your knowledge, responsibility and skills in a high growth fintech startup 🚀
Our Interview process: 📖
- Video interview with someone from our Talent team
- Video interview with our VP of Finance
- Take home task
- Final interview with our COO & Member of ExCo team
Note to Agencies
Chip does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to any of our live roles on our career page. Chip will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee relating to these unsolicited CVs. Chip explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Chip.