We’re building the best savings account in the world of the future.
It’s our mission to empower the mobile-first generation to save, invest and build real wealth seamlessly, effortlessly and innovatively.
Chip is being built by a fast-growing team of designers, developers, customer service professionals, marketers, banking experts, and entrepreneurs, with the backing of more than 23,000 investors and a huge community of Chip savers.
A global borderless digital savings account that enables everyone to save and build wealth for their future without doing anything.
Is to enable the world's adults to build a wealthier tomorrow. We do this by democratising access to market leading deposits and passive investing. This changes the world because wealth creates choices and the opportunity to live our best lives.
Everything you do matters, Care about the end result, Challenge the norm, Disagree, yet commit to making it happen once a decision has been made, Do the best job possible
Share our Ambition and do your bit to achieve it, Innovate: challenge the norm, break the mould and make it happen, Set goals that truly align with our mission, Do your best for our customers
Work cross-functionally - we win as a team, Build strong relationships based on trust, Treat others fairly and respectfully, Hold others to account, Be supportive and inclusive, Have fun together
We're growing fast and we have some very exciting plans. We're looking for a Backend QA Engineer to help us make them happen.
Come join the excitement.
We are looking for a very talented and dedicated Backend QA Engineer to help us build out a world-beating feature set. Joining our engineering team, you’ll be responsible for testing new front-end, rest-api backend features and microservices manually; as required and identified at the planning sessions to help us continue to deliver a great product to our customers which helps our company and their money grow.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Working within a dedicated team of highly experienced Backend and Frontend Engineers
- Continuously liaising and collaborating with engineers and other specialists within and outside your team to ensure requirement clarity and quality-first mindset.
- Identify test scenarios, create test cases and document test results.
- Be the quality voice/evangelist within and outside your team.
- Write and maintain tests for both manual and automation.
- Estimate the testing required, reporting status and issues within your team using the system in place.
- Know when to escalate issues/bugs that are not getting the expected attention.
- Integrate and generate reporting from the CI tooling after automated test executions for visibility.
- Document software faults and liaise with developers until the software is ready for release.
- Perform detailed manual testing of in-house applications using industry-standard techniques.
What we’re looking for*:
- Proven track record of experience of API/Backend testing
- Proven track record of working in service oriented environments
- Someone who lives and breathes Postman
- Strong understanding and experience of using SOLID principles
- Experience of building and implementing test strategies
- Somebody who ensures common user journeys are problem-free, smooth and clear
- Strong grasp on SDLC and STLC with a DevOps approach.
- Experience in Continuous Testing
- Experience of mobile testing on both iOS and Android
- Knowledge of using Charles or any other debugging tools.
What we’re really looking for: ✍️
Someone with a genuine interest in Chip and is excited about being part of a fast-growing company and our mission to build the best savings account in the world.
Although we’re in the financial space, and under the scrutiny that comes with it, the current engineering team works well together, and even sometimes with a smile. We’re sure you’ve got the technical skills, otherwise you would have stopped reading by now, so let us be clear on what will make us want to work with you.
We want a real person, with interests outside of work, to join our team. You could be a dancer, a gamer, a musician, a parent, a hockey fan, or even that one person that still writes Twilight fan-fiction. Doesn’t matter to us.
At the interview stages we will be looking for empathy, eq, fun stories, and ability to smile even when things are tough
- £40,000 - £50,000 per annum dependant on experience
- Share option scheme
- Discretionary share option bonus every 6 months
- Workplace pension scheme (Employer: 3% / Employee: 4% / Tax Relief: 1% / Total: 8%)
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited holiday (28 days contracted but policy not to count) ✈️
- Personal Learning Allowance
- Free Classpass membership or gym membership
- Company laptop
- Opportunity to have a huge impact on our product while fast-tracking your knowledge, responsibility and skills in a high growth fintech startup 🚀
Our Interview process: 📖
- Video Screen with someone from our Talent team
- Short take home test
- Video interview with the hiring manager
- Final interview with HR and Product Manager
Note to Agencies
Chip does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to any of our live roles on our career page. Chip will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee relating to these unsolicited CVs. Chip explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Chip.