We’re building the best savings account in the world of the future.
It’s our mission to empower the mobile-first generation to save, invest and build real wealth seamlessly, effortlessly and innovatively.
Chip is being built by a fast-growing team of designers, developers, customer service professionals, marketers, banking experts, and entrepreneurs, with the backing of more than 23,000 investors and a huge community of Chip savers.
A global borderless digital savings account that enables everyone to save and build wealth for their future without doing anything.
Is to enable the world's adults to build a wealthier tomorrow. We do this by democratising access to market leading deposits and passive investing. This changes the world because wealth creates choices and the opportunity to live our best lives.
We expect all employees to:
- Care about the end result of their work.
- Challenge the norm.
- Feel confident to disagree, yet commit to making it happen once a decision has been made.
- Do the best job possible.
We expect all employees to:
- Share our ambitions and do your bit to achieve them.
- Innovate, break existing moulds and make things happen.
- Set goals that truly align with our mission.
- Do your best for our customers.
We expect all employees to:
- Work cross-functionally.
- Build strong relationships based on trust.
- Treat each other fairly and respectfully.
- Hold each other to account.
- Be supportive and inclusive.
- Enjoy the Chip experience and have fun together!
We're growing fast and we have some very exciting plans. We're looking for an Android Engineer to help us make them happen.
Come join the excitement.
We are looking for an Android Engineer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits and will work with our team of talented engineers and build the next generation of our mobile applications. As an Android developer, you'll be at the core of Android delivery at Chip. You specialise in Android but use your much broader technical experience to help steer the team.
You'll be working with one of the fastest growing fintechs, helping us define how we use mobile to drive our business and help make saving effortless for millions. You'll share your passion and experience with those around you, allowing and encouraging your less experienced teammates to step up to the challenges.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Design, build and ship features for our Android application from inception to release.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team to deliver a high quality product.
- Working across the engineering team to help shape the products roadmap.
- Build reusable tools to enhance our development practices.
- Owning large architectural changes to the codebase.
- Being seen as a point of contact to other areas of the business and can communicate effectively with non-technical stakeholders.
What we’re really looking for:
- You've built an Android application that's on the Google Play Store.
- You have strong working knowledge of Kotlin and the Android SDKs.
- You want to build great UI using Jetpack Compose.
- You are committed to writing high quality code and writing tests (unit tests, UI tests, etc.).
- You love collaborating as an Agile team.
- You have solid understanding of the mobile development lifecycle.
- You're staying up to date with the latest in Android and want to use new technologies such as Coroutines and Kotlin Multiplatform.
What we’re really looking for: ✍️
Someone with a genuine interest in Chip and is excited about being part of a fast-growing company and our mission to build the best savings account in the world.
Although we’re in the financial space, and under the scrutiny that comes with it, the current mobile team works well together, and even sometimes with a smile. We’re sure you’ve got the technical skills, otherwise you would have stopped reading by now, so let us be clear on what will make us want to work with you.
We want a real person, with interests outside of work, to join our team. You could be a dancer, a gamer, a musician, a parent, a hockey fan, or even that one person that still writes Twilight fan-fiction. Doesn’t matter to us.
At the interview stages we will be looking for empathy, eq, fun stories, and ability to smile even when things are tough.
- £45,000 - £55,000 per annum dependant on experience
- Discretionary share option bonus every 6 months
- Workplace pension scheme (Employer: 3% / Employee: 4% / Tax Relief: 1% / Total: 8%)
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited holiday (28 days contracted but policy not to count) ✈️
- Chip Scholarship fund to support your personal development
- Company laptop
- Opportunity to have a huge impact on our product while fast-tracking your knowledge, responsibility and skills in a high growth fintech startup 🚀
Our Interview process: 📖
- Video Screen with someone from our Talent team
- Short take home test
- Technical interview with the Android Chapter Lead
- Final interview with HR and Product Manager
Note to Agencies
Chip does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to any of our live roles on our career page. Chip will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee relating to these unsolicited CVs. Chip explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Chip.