We’re building the best savings account in the world of the future.
It’s our mission to empower the mobile-first generation to save, invest and build real wealth seamlessly, effortlessly and innovatively.
Chip is being built by a fast-growing team of designers, developers, customer service professionals, marketers, banking experts, and entrepreneurs, with the backing of more than 23,000 investors and a huge community of Chip savers.
A global borderless digital savings account that enables everyone to save and build wealth for their future without doing anything.
Is to enable the world's adults to build a wealthier tomorrow. We do this by democratising access to market leading deposits and passive investing. This changes the world because wealth creates choices and the opportunity to live our best lives.
Everything you do matters, Care about the end result, Challenge the norm, Disagree, yet commit to making it happen once a decision has been made, Do the best job possible
Share our Ambition and do your bit to achieve it, Innovate: challenge the norm, break the mould and make it happen, Set goals that truly align with our mission, Do your best for our customers
Work cross-functionally - we win as a team, Build strong relationships based on trust, Treat others fairly and respectfully, Hold others to account, Be supportive and inclusive, Have fun together
We're growing fast and we have some very exciting plans. We're looking for a Financial Crime Team Lead to help us make them happen.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Ensuring all aspects of our AML/CTF, Sanctions and Fraud policies are met by procedures being carried out
- Lead a small team of Financial Crime Investigators including coaching, career development and acting as a point of escalation for complex cases
- Manage resource effectively to ensure SLAs are being met
- Building a close relationship with the wider operations team, ensuring sufficient communication, knowledge sharing and support
- Liaising with product/platform owners to provide specific financial crime knowledge as new features are built
- Developing, updating and iterating on procedures and process maps
- Collating key measures and metrics for reporting to relevant oversight committees
- Proactively identifying and sharing emerging threats/trends
- Identifying the highest priority issues or problem-areas and working with stakeholders to drive forward solutions
- Close liaison with MLRO on suspicious activity identification and reporting
What we’re looking for:
- Great experience working in Financial Crime Operations, preferably in the digital financial services space
- Previous experience working efficiently in a fast-paced, high-volume environment and thrives when there's ambiguity
- Flawless written english and ability to explain processes to people
- Comfortable working with engineers and identifying operational requirements
- Someone who is keen to get stuck in and make things happen, without waiting for someone else or always needing to delegate
- Well-organised and can work to tight deadlines
- Previous experience working with data and using it to come up with recommendations
What we’re really looking for: ✍️
Although we’re in the financial space, and under the scrutiny that comes with it, the current Operations team works well together, and even sometimes with a smile. We’re sure you’ve got the technical skills, otherwise you would have stopped reading by now, so let us be clear in what will make us want to work with you.
We want a real person, with interests outside of code, to join our work family. You could be a dancer, a gamer, a musician, a parent, a hockey fan, or even that one person that still writes Twilight fan-fiction. Doesn’t matter to us. At the interview stages will be looking for empathy, eq, fun stories, and ability to smile even when things are tough. Code monkeys need not apply.
- £30,000 - £40,000 per annum dependant on experience
- Discretionary share option bonus every 6 months
- Workplace pension scheme (Employer: 3% / Employee: 4% / Tax Relief: 1% / Total: 8%)
- Free ChipX subscription for UK based employees
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited holiday (28 days contracted but policy not to count) ✈️
- Personal Learning Allowance
- Company laptop
- Opportunity to have a huge impact on our product while fast-tracking your knowledge, responsibility and skills in a high growth fintech startup 🚀
Our Interview process: 📖
- Video screen with someone from our Talent team
- Video interview with Operations Manager including technical task
- Video interview with the VP of Operations
Note to Agencies
Chip does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to any of our live roles on our career page. Chip will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee relating to these unsolicited CVs. Chip explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Chip.