We’re building the best savings account in the world of the future.
It’s our mission to empower the mobile-first generation to save, invest and build real wealth seamlessly, effortlessly and innovatively.
Chip is being built by a fast-growing team of designers, developers, customer service professionals, marketers, banking experts, and entrepreneurs, with the backing of more than 23,000 investors and a huge community of Chip savers.
A global borderless digital savings account that enables everyone to save and build wealth for their future without doing anything.
Is to enable the world's adults to build a wealthier tomorrow. We do this by democratising access to market leading deposits and passive investing. This changes the world because wealth creates choices and the opportunity to live our best lives.
Everything you do matters, Care about the end result, Challenge the norm, Disagree, yet commit to making it happen once a decision has been made, Do the best job possible
Share our Ambition and do your bit to achieve it, Innovate: challenge the norm, break the mould and make it happen, Set goals that truly align with our mission, Do your best for our customers
Work cross-functionally - we win as a team, Build strong relationships based on trust, Treat others fairly and respectfully, Hold others to account, Be supportive and inclusive, Have fun together
We're growing fast and we have some very exciting plans. We're looking for an to help us make them happen.
Come join the excitement.
We are looking for an Operations Analyst who can help us build the best savings account in the world.
You’ll be responsible for monitoring the product functionality, investigating bugs, working with the CS team, setting up queries and ad hoc data analysis whilst working alongside the product, CS, marketing and engineering teams to make sure the users are getting the best experience possible. As we grow, we will be adding more people to the team. This will allow the successful candidate to refine their role.
What you'll do:
- Analyse data using SQL (and Python knowledge would be a bonus)
- Develop and optimise daily operational process controls
- Determine areas of improvement within the app
- Carry out process controls
- Monitor internal and third-party functionality
- Timely and accurately deliver operational tasks defined by the Operations Manager & VP of Operations
- Assist CS in providing the best customer support they can
- Perform manual tasks to ensure functionality is working as required
- Identifying, investigating and resolving client account discrepancies
What we’re really looking for:
- Microsoft Excel / Google Sheets - Basic to Intermediate
- SQL - Basic level
- Willingness to learn and drive efficiency
- Numerate with an analytical mind and strong problem-solving skills
- Meticulous with attention to detail
- Proactive with our core value “Make it Happen” in mind
- Fast learning, with the ability to multitask and prioritise workload appropriately
- Smart, with the ability to find solutions independently
Nice to have:
- SQL - Intermediate level (+ knowledge of Python is desirable)
- You have worked in a tech environment before or have a strong interest in FinTech (think challenger banks, crypto and app-based investing)
What we’re really looking for: ✍️
Although we’re in the financial space, and under the scrutiny that comes with it, the current Operations team works well together, and even sometimes with a smile. We’re sure you’ve got the technical skills, otherwise you would have stopped reading by now, so let us be clear in what will make us want to work with you.
We want a real person, with interests outside of code, to join our work family. You could be a dancer, a gamer, a musician, a parent, a hockey fan, or even that one person that still writes Twilight fan-fiction. Doesn’t matter to us. At the interview stages will be looking for empathy, eq, fun stories, and ability to smile even when things are tough. Code monkeys need not apply.
- £25,000 - £29,000 per annum dependant on experience
- Discretionary share option bonus every 6 months
- Workplace pension scheme (Employer: 3% / Employee: 4% / Tax Relief: 1% / Total: 8%)
- Free ChipX subscription for UK based employees
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited holiday (28 days contracted but policy not to count) ✈️
- Personal Learning Allowance
- Company laptop
- Opportunity to have a huge impact on our product while fast-tracking your knowledge, responsibility and skills in a high growth fintech startup 🚀
Our Interview process: 📖
- Video Screen with someone from our Talent team
- Video interview and technical pairing session with the Operations Manager
- Final interview with VP of Operations
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and home life. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It’s talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
Note to Agencies
Chip does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to any of our live roles on our career page. Chip will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee relating to these unsolicited CVs. Chip explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Chip.