We’re building the best savings account in the world of the future.
It’s our mission to empower the mobile-first generation to save, invest and build real wealth seamlessly, effortlessly and innovatively.
Chip is being built by a fast-growing team of designers, developers, customer service professionals, marketers, banking experts, and entrepreneurs, with the backing of more than 23,000 investors and a huge community of Chip savers.
A global borderless digital savings account that enables everyone to save and build wealth for their future without doing anything.
Is to enable the world's adults to build a wealthier tomorrow. We do this by democratising access to market leading deposits and passive investing. This changes the world because wealth creates choices and the opportunity to live our best lives.
Everything you do matters, Care about the end result, Challenge the norm, Disagree, yet commit to making it happen once a decision has been made, Do the best job possible
Share our Ambition and do your bit to achieve it, Innovate: challenge the norm, break the mould and make it happen, Set goals that truly align with our mission, Do your best for our customers
Work cross-functionally - we win as a team, Build strong relationships based on trust, Treat others fairly and respectfully, Hold others to account, Be supportive and inclusive, Have fun together
We're growing fast and we have some very exciting plans. We're looking for a iOS Engineer to help us make them happen.
Come join the excitement.
We are looking for an iOS Engineer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits and will work with our team of talented developers and build the next generation of our mobile applications. As an iOS developer, you'll be at the core of iOS delivery at Chip. You specialise in iOS but use your much broader technical experience to help steer the team.
You'll be working with one of the fastest growing fintechs, helping us define how we use mobile to drive our business and help make saving effortless for millions. You'll share your passion and experience with those around you, allowing and encouraging your less experienced teammates to step up to the challenges.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Design, build and ship features for our iOS application.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team to deliver a high quality product.
- Identifying areas for team growth, process and product improvement.
- Working with our iOS team to help shape the products roadmap.
What we’re really looking for:
- You’re a passionate and self-motivated developer.
- You’ve built an iOS application that’s on the App Store.
- Strong working knowledge Swift.
- You've used the latest frameworks (SwiftUI, Combine) to build new products
- You are committed to writing high quality, testable code.
- You love collaborating as an Agile team.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development lifecycle.
It’d be fantastic if:
- You have experience working with;
- SwiftUI and UIKit
- Swift Package Manager
- You have a good understanding of building modular applications using Cocoa Touch Frameworks.
- Good understanding of MVVM & Coordinator Pattern.
- Good understanding of continuous integration and delivery of mobile apps using Bitrise/Jenkins
What we’re really looking for: ✍️
Someone with a genuine interest in Chip and is excited about being part of a fast-growing company and our mission to build the best savings account in the world.
Although we’re in the financial space, and under the scrutiny that comes with it, the current mobile team works well together, and even sometimes with a smile. We’re sure you’ve got the technical skills, otherwise you would have stopped reading by now, so let us be clear on what will make us want to work with you.
We want a real person, with interests outside of work, to join our team. You could be a dancer, a gamer, a musician, a parent, a hockey fan, or even that one person that still writes Twilight fan-fiction. Doesn’t matter to us.
At the interview stages we will be looking for empathy, eq, fun stories, and ability to smile even when things are tough.
- £45,000 - £60,000 per annum dependant on experience
- Discretionary share option bonus every 6 months
- Workplace pension scheme (Employer: 3% / Employee: 4% / Tax Relief: 1% / Total: 8%)
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited holiday (28 days contracted but policy not to count) ✈️
- Chip Scholarship fund to support your personal development
- Company laptop
- Opportunity to have a huge impact on our product while fast-tracking your knowledge, responsibility and skills in a high growth fintech startup 🚀
Our Interview process: 📖
- Video Screen with someone from our Talent team
- Video interview with the iOS Chapter Lead
- Short take home test
- Technical interview with the iOS team
- Final interview with HR and Product Manager
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and home life. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It’s talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
Note to Agencies
Chip does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to any of our live roles on our career page. Chip will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee relating to these unsolicited CVs. Chip explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Chip.