We’re building the best savings account in the world of the future.
It’s our mission to empower the mobile-first generation to save, invest and build real wealth seamlessly, effortlessly and innovatively.
Chip is being built by a fast-growing team of designers, developers, customer service professionals, marketers, banking experts, and entrepreneurs, with the backing of more than 23,000 investors and a huge community of Chip savers.
A global borderless digital savings account that enables everyone to save and build wealth for their future without doing anything.
Is to enable the world's adults to build a wealthier tomorrow. We do this by democratising access to market leading deposits and passive investing. This changes the world because wealth creates choices and the opportunity to live our best lives.
Everything you do matters, Care about the end result, Challenge the norm, Disagree, yet commit to making it happen once a decision has been made, Do the best job possible
Share our Ambition and do your bit to achieve it, Innovate: challenge the norm, break the mould and make it happen, Set goals that truly align with our mission, Do your best for our customers
Work cross-functionally - we win as a team, Build strong relationships based on trust, Treat others fairly and respectfully, Hold others to account, Be supportive and inclusive, Have fun together
We're growing fast and we have some very exciting plans. We're looking for a Senior Compliance Analyst to help us make them happen.
Come join the excitement.
What you can expect to be doing:
Reporting to our Head of Compliance – your specific responsibilities could include;
- Review of financial promotions, providing education and training to the business towards continuous improvement. Working to regulatory requirements, review, challenge (as necessary) and approve app and website copy and marketing material falling within the definition of Financial Promotions and ensuring we are Fair, Clear and Not Misleading.
- Maintain and execute both Compliance Risk Assessments and a monitoring and testing program
- Be a champion for risk and compliance. Help us train and educate people across Chip
- Take on and own new risk and compliance challenges that arise in any area of the business on a project basis. Take a problem-solving approach, whether designing a new process to be implemented or driving an effort for multiple teams to work together to meet new requirements.
- Carry out ad hoc work as directed by the Chief Risk Officer
- Depending on the candidate there will be the opportunity to manage and develop a team.
What we’re looking for:
- Must have good experience of Financial Promotions signoff and/or Risk Assessment and Compliance Monitoring
- Compliance experience within Investments, Fintech or Open Banking
- Good working knowledge of FCA Handbook, particularly COBS, BCOBS, DISP, SYSC and, SM&CR
- Understands the big picture and takes a commercial/risk based approach to compliance
- Methodical, organised and with an excellent attention to detail
- Dynamic with the ability to prioritise and complete work to deadlines
- A team player who is sensitive to others, knows how to listen, but can also deliver difficult messages effectively
What we’re really looking for: ✍️
Someone with a genuine interest in Chip and is excited about being part of a fast-growing company and our mission to build the best savings account in the world.
Although we’re in the financial space, and under the scrutiny that comes with it, the current Compliance team works well together, and even sometimes with a smile. We’re sure you’ve got the technical skills, otherwise you would have stopped reading by now, so let us be clear on what will make us want to work with you.
We want a real person, with interests outside of work, to join our team. You could be a dancer, a gamer, a musician, a parent, a hockey fan, or even that one person that still writes Twilight fan-fiction. Doesn’t matter to us.
At the interview stages we will be looking for empathy, eq, fun stories, and ability to smile even when things are tough.
- £30,000 - £45,000 per annum dependant on experience
- Discretionary share option bonus every 6 months
- Workplace pension scheme (Employer: 3% / Employee: 4% / Tax Relief: 1% / Total: 8%)
- Free ChipX subscription for UK based employees
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited holiday (28 days contracted but policy not to count) ✈️
- Annual £1500 Personal Learning Allowance
- Chip Fitness Benefit to suit your Mental/Physical Wellbeing
- Company laptop
- Opportunity to have a huge impact on our product while fast-tracking your knowledge, responsibility and skills in a high growth fintech startup 🚀
Our Interview process: 📖
- Video Screen with someone from our Talent team
- Video interview with the Head of Compliance
- Short technical task
- Final interview with Head of Compliance & Chief Risk Officer
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and home life. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It’s talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
Note to Agencies
Chip does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to any of our live roles on our career page. Chip will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee relating to these unsolicited CVs. Chip explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Chip.