We’re building the best savings account in the world of the future.
It’s our mission to empower the mobile-first generation to save, invest and build real wealth seamlessly, effortlessly and innovatively.
Chip is being built by a fast-growing team of designers, developers, customer service professionals, marketers, banking experts, and entrepreneurs, with the backing of more than 23,000 investors and a huge community of Chip savers.
A global borderless digital savings account that enables everyone to save and build wealth for their future without doing anything.
Is to enable the world's adults to build a wealthier tomorrow. We do this by democratising access to market leading deposits and passive investing. This changes the world because wealth creates choices and the opportunity to live our best lives.
Everything you do matters, Care about the end result, Challenge the norm, Disagree, yet commit to making it happen once a decision has been made, Do the best job possible
Share our Ambition and do your bit to achieve it, Innovate: challenge the norm, break the mould and make it happen, Set goals that truly align with our mission, Do your best for our customers
Work cross-functionally - we win as a team, Build strong relationships based on trust, Treat others fairly and respectfully, Hold others to account, Be supportive and inclusive, Have fun together
We're growing fast and we have some very exciting plans. We're looking for a Head of Product - Assets to help us build the best savings account in the world.
Come join the excitement.
The Assets space at Chip
At the heart of our business is the ability to offer different types of financial assets that give our customers the ability to grow and diversify their savings.
Our assets squads look after cash savings, investment funds, crypto and alternative assets. In 2021 we launched our investment proposition, offering a range of investment funds, an ISA and the ability to automatically invest. We are now getting ready to launch our next range of assets including crypto and collectables to help our users find new, exciting ways to build their wealth.
What you can expect to be doing:
We are looking for a product leader to take our assets proposition to the next level. As Head of Product for Assets, you will lead the product strategy and execution for multiple cross-functional squads across cash, investments, crypto and alternative assets. This is a unique opportunity to launch exciting new assets while stretching your creative and commercial skills.
- You will be responsible for shaping the strategy and the roadmap for cash, investments, crypto and alternative assets and ensure cross business alignment.
- You will be accountable for the discovery, validation and definition for all our propositions across all asset classes.
- You will be accountable for the performance of your products and will measure, report and optimise iteratively in pursuit of your objectives and goals.
- You will be responsible for creating a simple and intuitive user experience across cash, investments, crypto and alternative assets to truly democratise access to all these asset classes for the mobile generation.
- You will be involved in the selection and management of partners and providers, setting the pricing strategy, and creating the business model for the product.
- You will manage and set the direction for multiple product managers and product owners who will help you define and deliver features for your area.
- You will have access to multiple squads, commercial, legal, financial, design and data/insight support.
What we’re looking for:
- You have a strong product background: you are an expert in agile development, product discovery and definition, hypothesis-driven experimentation and user research.
- You are a strategic thinker: you have a big picture understanding of the market, what our competitors do, what works and what doesn't.
- You are an effective communicator: you can build long lasting relationships with your stakeholders across functions and communicate problems and solutions at all levels.
- You are obsessed with great UX: you are passionate about building the best possible experience for your users.
- You are data driven: you own your metrics, care deeply about the numbers, and use them to build and prioritise an ambitious roadmap and track outcomes against your goals, driving engagement and alignment with the KPIs.
- You are commercially minded: you understand how a business model works and you are always keeping revenue, costs and profit at the forefront of your mind.
- You are a problem solver: you can critically think through problems by logically asses and quantify solutions.
What we’re really looking for: ✍️
Someone with a genuine interest in Chip and is excited about being part of a fast-growing company and our mission to build the best savings account in the world.
Although we’re in the financial space, and under the scrutiny that comes with it, the current product team works well together, and even sometimes with a smile. We’re sure you’ve got the technical skills, otherwise you would have stopped reading by now, so let us be clear on what will make us want to work with you.
We want a real person, with interests outside of work, to join our team. You could be a dancer, a gamer, a musician, a parent, a hockey fan, or even that one person that still writes Twilight fan-fiction. Doesn’t matter to us.
At the interview stages we will be looking for empathy, eq, fun stories, and ability to smile even when things are tough.
- Discretionary share option bonus every 6 months
- Workplace pension scheme (Employer: 3% / Employee: 4% / Tax Relief: 1% / Total: 8%)
- Free ChipX subscription for UK based employees
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited holiday (28 days contracted but policy not to count) ✈️
- Personal Learning Allowance
- Company laptop
- Opportunity to have a huge impact on our product while fast-tracking your knowledge, responsibility and skills in a high growth fintech startup 🚀
Our Interview process: 📖
- Video Screen with someone from our Talent team
- You will be given a Product Challenge to complete before your Product Interview with the VP of Product. We expect you to give a 5 minutes presentation. This challenge will look at your Creative, Analytical and Problem solving skills, giving you time to show us your best work in a relaxed environment.
- Video Interview with CEO
- Final interview with HR and Product Owner / Product Manager
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and home life. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It’s talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
Note to Agencies
Chip does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to any of our live roles on our career page. Chip will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee relating to these unsolicited CVs. Chip explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Chip.