We’re building the super app for saving and investing.
It’s our mission to empower the mobile-first generation to save, invest and build real wealth seamlessly, effortlessly and innovatively.
Chip is being built by a fast-growing team of designers, developers, customer service professionals, marketers, banking experts, and entrepreneurs, with the backing of more than 23,000 investors and a huge community of Chip savers.
A global borderless digital savings account that enables everyone to save and build wealth for their future without doing anything.
Is to enable the world's adults to build a wealthier tomorrow. We do this by democratising access to market leading deposits and passive investing. This changes the world because wealth creates choices and the opportunity to live our best lives.
Everything you do matters, Care about the end result, Challenge the norm, Disagree, yet commit to making it happen once a decision has been made, Do the best job possible
Share our Ambition and do your bit to achieve it, Innovate: challenge the norm, break the mould and make it happen, Set goals that truly align with our mission, Do your best for our customers
Work cross-functionally - we win as a team, Build strong relationships based on trust, Treat others fairly and respectfully, Hold others to account, Be supportive and inclusive, Have fun together
We're growing fast and we have some very exciting plans. We're looking for a Business Development Executive to help us make them happen.
Come join the excitement.
What is the most exciting project which the Commercial team are currently working on?
We’ve just finished delivering our investment platform - helping transform the business from just a savings proposition, to helping people invest for the long term - that took up most of our time over the last year. We’re now working on building out our alternative assets, crypto and savings products.
We’re looking for a Business Development Executive to help us pitch, secure and cultivate partnerships that have a real life impact on our customers and our business - from idea to delivery.
This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious, multi-talented individual who wants to see the inside of a fast-moving startup working closely with our Head of Commercial, CEO, VP of Product and other key stakeholders.
The ideal candidate is a future entrepreneur or commercial leader who is a self-starter: Comfortable working alone / not being micromanaged with the willingness and ability to learn quickly.
You will be responsible for building a pipeline of partners for our alternative assets platform, helping the business grow revenue and Chip customers invest in world class, exclusive assets.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Assist in defining additional revenue sources for the business
- Build a partner pipeline for our revolutionary alternative assets platform
- Pitch, close, and prioritise these partnerships
- Collaborate with teams across Chip and within our user community to assess viability and desirability of your ideas
What we’re looking for:
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- A strong interest in Fintech products
- Experience working in high-growth companies in partnerships/ business development teams
- Demonstrated ability to construct, analyse, deliver new business lines and products
- Demonstrated deal-making capability (partnerships/alliances)
- Strong desire to get stuck in and being hands on, on whatever we need to make the offer great for our customers
- A creative and analytical sales approach - you know what is important to a potential partner and don’t take no for an answer
- Excellent communication both internally and externally
- Fast learner (a must)
- Self-starter: Comfortable working alone
- Degree educated (2:1 or above)
- What we’re doing here at Chip excites you!
What we’re really looking for: ✍️
Someone with a genuine interest in Chip and is excited about being part of a fast-growing company and our mission to build the best savings account in the world.
Although we’re in the financial space, and under the scrutiny that comes with it, the current Commercial team works well together, and even sometimes with a smile. We’re sure you’ve got the technical skills, otherwise you would have stopped reading by now, so let us be clear on what will make us want to work with you.
We want a real person, with interests outside of work, to join our team. You could be a dancer, a gamer, a musician, a parent, a hockey fan, or even that one person that still writes Twilight fan-fiction. Doesn’t matter to us.
At the interview stages we will be looking for empathy, eq, fun stories, and ability to smile even when things are tough.
- £25,000 - £28,000 (£40,000 OTE) per annum dependant on experience
- Discretionary share option bonus every 6 months
- Workplace pension scheme (Employer: 3% / Employee: 4% / Tax Relief: 1% / Total: 8%)
- Free ChipX subscription for UK based employees
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited holiday (28 days contracted but policy not to count) ✈️
- Annual £1500 Personal Learning Allowance
- Chip Fitness Benefit to suit your Mental/Physical Wellbeing
- Company laptop
- Opportunity to have a huge impact on our product while fast-tracking your knowledge, responsibility and skills in a high growth fintech startup 🚀
Our Interview process: 📖
- Video Screen with someone from our Talent team
- Short take home test
- Video interview with the Head of Commercial
- Final interview with Head of Commercial and CEO
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and home life. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It’s talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
Note to Agencies
Chip does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to any of our live roles on our career page. Chip will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee relating to these unsolicited CVs. Chip explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Chip.