We’re building the best savings account in the world of the future.
It’s our mission to empower the mobile-first generation to save, invest and build real wealth seamlessly, effortlessly and innovatively.
Chip is being built by a fast-growing team of designers, developers, customer service professionals, marketers, banking experts, and entrepreneurs, with the backing of more than 23,000 investors and a huge community of Chip savers.
A global borderless digital savings account that enables everyone to save and build wealth for their future without doing anything.
Is to enable the world's adults to build a wealthier tomorrow. We do this by democratising access to market leading deposits and passive investing. This changes the world because wealth creates choices and the opportunity to live our best lives.
Everything you do matters, Care about the end result, Challenge the norm, Disagree, yet commit to making it happen once a decision has been made, Do the best job possible
Share our Ambition and do your bit to achieve it, Innovate: challenge the norm, break the mould and make it happen, Set goals that truly align with our mission, Do your best for our customers
Work cross-functionally - we win as a team, Build strong relationships based on trust, Treat others fairly and respectfully, Hold others to account, Be supportive and inclusive, Have fun together
We’re looking for an experienced Brand Design Lead to take over Chip’s branding, and brand design team. This is a big role with big responsibility.
Currently Chip’s design team consists of 6 incredible designers spread across product design and brand design. You’ll be managing the brand design team, but working closely with all designers and shoulder to shoulder with the product design lead.
This job is all about steering the direction of Chip’s visual identity. The role will be reporting directly into the CMO and you’ll be working very closely with the content and marketing teams.
If you want to build the next big finance brand, and know how to make that happen… this role is for you.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Managing the brand design team of 3 incredibly talented designers.
- Working closely with the Product Design Lead to bring a consistent brand experience to the App.
- Overseeing the Chip brand and taking ownership of all content creation, visual design and video creation.
- Owning the brand strategy and looking at how the brand will develop over the coming years.
- Creating word class visuals that stand out and electrify Chip’s presence in the market.
- Developing and maintaining brand guidelines that are constantly being tested and iterated upon.
What we’re really looking for:
- You have serious experience of either brand creation, or visual design (or ideally both). This experience can either be in house or agency side.
- You have good experience managing and designing projects which consist of animation, video, illustration... And beyond.
- You are an experienced people manager and feel confident in shaping the development and culture of our amazing team.
- You have experience delivering campaigns across multiple platforms and understanding the process that is needed to make that happen.
- Understanding of how to track performance of creative and monitor ROI.
What we’re really looking for: ✍️
Someone with a genuine interest in Chip and is excited about being part of a fast-growing company and our mission to build the best savings account in the world.
Although we’re in the financial space, and under the scrutiny that comes with it, the current design team works well together, and even sometimes with a smile. We’re sure you’ve got the right design skills, otherwise you would have stopped reading by now, so let us be clear on what will make us want to work with you.
We want a real person, with interests outside of work, to join our team. You could be a dancer, a gamer, a musician, a parent, a hockey fan, or even that one person that still writes Twilight fan-fiction. Doesn’t matter to us.
At the interview stages we will be looking for empathy, eq, fun stories, and ability to smile even when things are tough.
- £45,000 - £50,000 per annum dependant on experience
- Discretionary share option bonus every 6 months
- Workplace pension scheme (Employer: 3% / Employee: 4% / Tax Relief: 1% / Total: 8%)
- Free ChipX subscription for UK based employees
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited holiday (28 days contracted but policy not to count) ✈️
- Annual £1500 Personal Learning Allowance
- Company laptop
- Opportunity to have a huge impact on our product while fast-tracking your knowledge, responsibility and skills in a high growth fintech startup 🚀
Our Interview process: 📖
- Video Screen with someone from our Talent team
- Video interview with CMO & Brand Designer
- Final interview with Product Design Lead & VP of Marketing
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and home life. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It’s talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
Note to Agencies
Chip does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to any of our live roles on our career page. Chip will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee relating to these unsolicited CVs. Chip explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Chip.