Our mission is to make our customers wealthier.
We’re building the investment super app of the future. An app to build your long-term wealth across real-world assets, investment funds, DeFi & crypto, and savings accounts.
We use technology to break down barriers so users can invest like the ultra-wealthy, giving them one simple place to manage their wealth.
Chip is being built by a fast-growing team of designers, developers, customer service professionals, marketers, banking experts, and entrepreneurs, with the backing of more than 23,000 investors and a huge community of Chip users.
A global borderless digital wealth management platform that enables everyone to build wealth for their future.
Is to enable the world's adults to build a wealthier tomorrow. We do this by democratising access to investment opportunities across real assets and investment funds, as well as risk-free savings accounts. This changes the world because wealth creates choices and the opportunity to live our best lives.
Everything you do matters, Care about the end result, Challenge the norm, Disagree, yet commit to making it happen once a decision has been made, Do the best job possible
Share our Ambition and do your bit to achieve it, Innovate: challenge the norm, break the mould and make it happen, Set goals that truly align with our mission, Do your best for our customers
Work cross-functionally - we win as a team, Build strong relationships based on trust, Treat others fairly and respectfully, Hold others to account, Be supportive and inclusive, Have fun together
We're growing fast and we have some very exciting plans. We're looking for an to help us make them happen.
Come join the excitement.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated Mobile QA Engineer to help us build the investment super app of the future.
You’ll be responsible for testing new front-end features and services both manually and by automation; as required and identified at the planning sessions to help us continue to deliver a great product to our customers which helps our company and their money grow.
If you want to build the next big finance brand, and know how to make that happen… this role is for you.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Working within a dedicated team of highly experienced backend and frontend developers.
- Document execute manual tests against the monolith while we build our microservice.
- Thorough understanding and ability to conduct both exploratory and regression tests on the front and back-end.
- Knowledge of using either swagger UI, postman or other api-testing tool that facilitates testing the api manually.
- Continuously liaising and collaborating with developers and other specialists within and outside your team to ensure requirement clarity and quality-first mindset.
- Identify test scenarios, create test cases and document test results.
- Estimate the testing required, reporting status and issues within your team using the system in place.
- Know when to escalate issues/bugs that are not getting the expected attention.
- Document software faults and liaise with developers until the software is ready for release.
- Perform detailed manual testing of in-house applications using industry-standard techniques.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and support meeting your sprint goals by releasing as scheduled.
- Ability to communicate complex scenarios clearly and concisely.
- Analyse and report on testing results.
What we’re really looking for:
- Commercial iOS and Android Manual testing.
- Proven track record and sound knowledge of testing APIs.
- Knowledge of JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience with CI tools such as Bitrise and Jenkins.
- Experience working with mock servers, using SSH Tunnelling and Proxy tools.
- Commercial experience of testing microservices.
- Experience using XCUI for iOS & Espresso for Android.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Exposure to running automation tests as part of a CI pipeline.
- Experience of other tools like Appium, Calabash will be a bonus.
- Exposure of using and following BDD concept of test implementation.
What we’re really looking for: ✍️
Someone with a genuine interest in Chip and is excited about being part of a fast-growing company and our mission to build the investment super app of the future.
Although we’re in the financial space, and under the scrutiny that comes with it, the current engineering team works well together, and even sometimes with a smile. We’re sure you’ve got the technical skills, otherwise you would have stopped reading by now, so let us be clear on what will make us want to work with you.
We want a real person, with interests outside of work, to join our team. You could be a dancer, a gamer, a musician, a parent, a hockey fan, or even that one person that still writes Twilight fan-fiction. Doesn’t matter to us.
At the interview stages we will be looking for empathy, eq, fun stories, and ability to smile even when things are tough.
- £40,000 - £55,000 per annum dependant on experience
- Discretionary share option bonus every 6 months
- Workplace pension scheme (Employer: 3% / Employee: 4% / Tax Relief: 1% / Total: 8%)
- Free ChipX subscription for UK based employees
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited holiday (28 days contracted but policy not to count) ✈️
- Annual £1500 Personal Learning Allowance
- Chip Fitness Benefit to suit your Mental/Physical Wellbeing
- Company laptop
- Opportunity to have a huge impact on our product while fast-tracking your knowledge, responsibility and skills in a high growth fintech startup 🚀
Our Interview process: 📖
- Video Screen with someone from our Talent team
- Video interview with the hiring manager
- Pair programming session with one of our Mobile QA Engineers
- Final interview with HR and Product Manager
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and home life. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It’s talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
Note to Agencies
Chip does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to any of our live roles on our career page. Chip will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee relating to these unsolicited CVs. Chip explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Chip.