Our mission is to make our customers wealthier.
We’re building the investment super app of the future. An app to build your long-term wealth across real-world assets, investment funds, DeFi & crypto, and savings accounts.
We use technology to break down barriers so users can invest like the ultra-wealthy, giving them one simple place to manage their wealth.
Chip is being built by a fast-growing team of designers, developers, customer service professionals, marketers, banking experts, and entrepreneurs, with the backing of more than 23,000 investors and a huge community of Chip users.
A global borderless digital savings account that enables everyone to save and build wealth for their future without doing anything.
Is to enable the world's adults to build a wealthier tomorrow. We do this by democratising access to market leading deposits and passive investing. This changes the world because wealth creates choices and the opportunity to live our best lives.
Everything you do matters, Care about the end result, Challenge the norm, Disagree, yet commit to making it happen once a decision has been made, Do the best job possible
Share our Ambition and do your bit to achieve it, Innovate: challenge the norm, break the mould and make it happen, Set goals that truly align with our mission, Do your best for our customers
Work cross-functionally - we win as a team, Build strong relationships based on trust, Treat others fairly and respectfully, Hold others to account, Be supportive and inclusive, Have fun together
We're growing fast and we have some very exciting plans. We're looking for an Head of Mobile to help us make them happen.
Come join the excitement.
As Head of Mobile at Chip you’ll be reporting to the CTO. This is a key leadership role in building the strategy for the design and development of the Chip App on iOS and Android to deliver new customer features that will fuel the business growth.
The Head of Mobile leads the iOS, Android, & Mobile QA Chapters. You’ll drive the vision, strategy, and implementation of our mobile solutions to support the business needs. You’ll oversee the development of the customer-facing mobile apps, working closely with product designers, product owners and other engineering teams to deliver a first-class mobile experience for our users. You will assess and implement ongoing process improvements both in our ways of working, and in the software itself. You’ll help drive the QA strategy for the apps through automated test suites, exploratory testing, and bug triaging.
The Head of Mobile has a strong vision for the Mobile Chapter, promoting the best organisational patterns and practices. You will tackle high-level challenges and balance quality software with speed of delivery. You are responsible for feature deployment, scalability and stability of the business’s core platform, and the overall quality of the mobile application architecture. You will provide clear leadership, inspire and motivate staff to achieve excellence and mentor them as they develop new skills.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Line manage the iOS, Android & Mobile QA Chapter Leads
- Hire and develop engineers and chapter leads, and grow the teams in line with the business plan
- Be accountable for delivery of new features, to ensure they are designed, planned, and delivered with clarity and on time.
- Assist with early discovery and scoping of major new features, and provide guidance on technical feasibility
- Analyse project requirements and accordingly provide technical and functional recommendations, and delivery timelines
- Own the app release process to get features into customer hands frequently and efficiently
- Work closely with both mobile engineers and product designers to optimise our approach to UI, and empower quick delivery and iteration of intuitive features
- Use your knowledge and experience of app development to help review, improve, and document our information architecture and design systems
- Empower the team to design and deliver modern and intuitive interfaces and leverage UI frameworks on both platforms effectively
- Facilitate close collaboration between mobile engineers and backend engineers to create the API contracts to support new features
- Help identify appropriate use cases for new mobile technologies that deliver genuine customer value
- Ensure that engineering approaches are properly planned and designed to be stable, scalable, and scalable.
- Evaluate existing engineering processes and recommend improvements.
- Oversee the technical backlog for the mobile codebases, and work with engineers and product owners to prioritise maintenance and upgrades alongside feature work
- Proactively monitor app performance and stability and work with engineers to address any issues
What we’re really looking for:
- Experience of leading the development of a high quality, secure mobile app on Android or iOS.
- Excellent track record of successfully delivering technically complex projects and innovative solutions.
- Have significant experience leading and line managing engineering organisations and understands the value of the team
- Have a track record of attracting, hiring, developing and retaining top engineering talent. You are somebody that people want to work for and with
- Ability to lead technical discussions and guide the team to arrive at the most optimal solution.
- High level of personal maturity, pragmatism, flexibility, and resilience.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to establish and maintain good relationships with people.
- Commercially minded and product focussed
- Strong verbal and visual presentation skills.
- Have spent the formative years of your career as a software developer and retain an innate feel for technology
What we’re really looking for: ✍️
Someone with a genuine interest in Chip and is excited about being part of a fast-growing company and our mission to build the investment super app of the future.
Although we’re in the financial space, and under the scrutiny that comes with it, the current engineering team works well together, and even sometimes with a smile. We’re sure you’ve got the technical skills, otherwise you would have stopped reading by now, so let us be clear in what will make us want to work with you.
We want a real person, with interests outside of work, to join our team. You could be a dancer, a gamer, a musician, a parent, a hockey fan, or even that one person that still writes Twilight fan-fiction. Doesn’t matter to us.
At the interview stages we will be looking for empathy, eq, fun stories, and ability to smile even when things are tough.
- £85,000 - £90,000 per annum dependant on experience
- Discretionary share option bonus every 6 months
- Workplace pension scheme (Employer: 3% / Employee: 4% / Tax Relief: 1% / Total: 8%)
- Free ChipX subscription for UK based employees
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited holiday (policy not to count) ✈️
- Wellness Allowance of £30 per month
- Annual Allowance of £1500 to use on your personal development
- Company laptop
- Opportunity to have a huge impact on our product while fast-tracking your knowledge, responsibility and skills in a high growth fintech startup 🚀
Our Interview process: 📖
- Video Screen with someone from our Talent team
- Video interview with Product Design Lead & VP of Product
- Video Interview with Head of Engineering & Mobile Chapter Lead
- Final interview with CTO
Note to Agencies
Chip does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to any of our live roles on our career page. Chip will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee relating to these unsolicited CVs. Chip explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Chip.