Our mission is to make our customers wealthier.
We’re building the investment super app of the future. An app to build your long-term wealth across real-world assets, investment funds, DeFi & crypto, and savings accounts.
We use technology to break down barriers so users can invest like the ultra-wealthy, giving them one simple place to manage their wealth.
Chip is being built by a fast-growing team of designers, developers, customer service professionals, marketers, banking experts, and entrepreneurs, with the backing of more than 23,000 investors and a huge community of Chip users.
A global borderless digital wealth management platform that enables everyone to build wealth for their future.
Is to enable the world's adults to build a wealthier tomorrow. We do this by democratising access to investment opportunities across real assets and investment funds, as well as risk-free savings accounts. This changes the world because wealth creates choices and the opportunity to live our best lives.
We expect all employees to:
- Care about the end result of their work.
- Challenge the norm.
- Feel confident to disagree, yet commit to making it happen once a decision has been made.
- Do the best job possible.
We expect all employees to:
- Share our ambitions and do your bit to achieve them.
- Innovate, break existing moulds and make things happen.
- Set goals that truly align with our mission.
- Do your best for our customers.
We expect all employees to:
- Work cross-functionally.
- Build strong relationships based on trust.
- Treat each other fairly and respectfully.
- Hold each other to account.
- Be supportive and inclusive.
- Enjoy the Chip experience and have fun together!
We are looking for a very talented and dedicated Mid or Senior Backend QA Engineer to help us build out a world-beating feature set. Joining our engineering team, you’ll be responsible for testing new rest-api backend features and microservices both manually and by automation; as required and identified at the planning sessions to help us continue to deliver a great product to our customers which helps our company and their money grow.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Working within a dedicated team of highly experienced backend and frontend developers.
- Creating Test Automation Feasibility Review, Test Automation Approach, Test Automation Plan, Test Automation Strategy.
- Continuously liaising and collaborating with developers and other specialists within and outside your team to ensure requirement clarity and quality-first mindset.
- Driving quality from start - being involved in the user story definition process and writing test scenarios upfront.
- Bringing a QA perspective to planning sessions and ensuring test effort is taken into consideration.
- Writing and leading API automation within the squad.
- Leading performance testing.
- Estimate the testing required, reporting status and issues within your team using the system in place.
- Integrate test automation and generate reports from the CI tooling after automated test executions for visibility.
- Sharing your knowledge of the latest test automation technologies and best practices.
- Design, build, implement, improve and continually maintain automated testing frameworks.
- Understanding and gaining experience within the Cloud/AWS and opportunities that bring in.
- Configuring test environments for manual testing and automation using Terraform, Kubernetes and Helm
What we’re looking for*:
- Proven track record of experience writing API automation tests.
- Proven track record of working in service-oriented environments.
- Being able to experiment with different test frameworks and automation tools, ( open-source preferred) and able to choose the right ones according to different trade-offs
- Strong understanding and experience of using SOLID principles.
- Strong knowledge of mocking test dependencies and inversion of control concepts.
- Strong grasp of SDLC and STLC with a DevOps approach.
- Experience in Continuous Testing.
- Knowledge of Agile practices.
- Knowledge of observability and monitoring
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform or any other Container Management and IAC solutions (Nice to have)
What we’re really looking for: ✍️
Someone with a genuine interest in Chip and is excited about being part of a fast-growing company and our mission to build the investment super app of the future.
Although we’re in the financial space, and under the scrutiny that comes with it, the current QA team works well together, and even sometimes with a smile. We’re sure you’ve got the right skills, otherwise you would have stopped reading by now, so let us be clear on what will make us want to work with you.
We want a real person, with interests outside of work, to join our team. You could be a dancer, a gamer, a musician, a parent, a hockey fan, or even that one person that still writes Twilight fan-fiction. Doesn’t matter to us.
At the interview stages we will be looking for empathy, eq, fun stories, and ability to smile even when things are tough.
- £40,000 - £65,000 per annum depending on experience
- Discretionary share option bonus every 6 months
- Workplace pension scheme (Employer: 3% / Employee: 4% / Tax Relief: 1% / Total: 8%)
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited holiday (28 days contracted but policy not to count) ✈️
- Chip Scholarship fund to support your personal development
- Company laptop
- Opportunity to have a huge impact on our product while fast-tracking your knowledge, responsibility and skills in a high-growth fintech startup 🚀
Our Interview process: 📖
- Video Screen with someone from our Talent team
- Take home technical task
- Video interview with the hiring manager
- Final Interview with HR and VP of Product
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and home life. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It’s talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities
Note to Agencies
Chip does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to any of our live roles on our career page. Chip will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee relating to these unsolicited CVs. Chip explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Chip.