We are looking for a Senior Android Engineer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits. This Android app developer will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of our mobile applications.
As a Senior Developer, you'll be at the core of Android delivery at Chip. You specialise in Android but use your much broader technical experience to help steer the team.
You'll be working with one of the fastest-growing fintechs, helping us define how we use mobile to drive our business and help make saving effortless for millions. You'll share your passion and experience with those around you, allowing and encouraging your less experienced teammates to step up to the challenges. At a senior level, your responsibility reaches beyond writing code. Your mobile teammates will naturally look to you for on-the-job coaching and broader career advice
What you can expect to be doing:
- Design, build and ship features for our Android application from inception to release.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver a high-quality product.
- Working across the engineering team to help shape the product roadmap.
- Build reusable tools to enhance our development practices.
- Owning large architectural changes to the codebase.
- Being seen as a point of contact to other areas of the business and can communicate effectively with non-technical stakeholders.
What we’re really looking for:
- You're a passionate and self-motivated developer.
- You've built an Android application that's on the Google Play Store.
- Strong working knowledge of Kotlin and Android SDKs.
- You are committed to writing high quality, testable code.
- You love collaborating as an Agile team.
- Solid understanding of the mobile development lifecycle.
- Have experience in mentoring other developers and delegating appropriate tasks
What we’re really looking for: ✍️
Someone with a genuine interest in Chip and is excited about being part of a fast-growing company and our mission to build the investment super app of the future.
Although we’re in the financial space, and under the scrutiny that comes with it, the current mobile team works well together, and even sometimes with a smile. We’re sure you’ve got the technical skills, otherwise, you would have stopped reading by now, so let us be clear on what will make us want to work with you.
We want a real person, with interests outside of work, to join our team. You could be a dancer, a gamer, a musician, a parent, a hockey fan, or even that one person that still writes Twilight fan-fiction. Doesn’t matter to us.
At the interview stages, we will be looking for empathy, eq, fun stories, and the ability to smile even when things are tough.
- IC4 - £70,000 - £75,000 per annum
- Discretionary share option bonus every 12 months
- Workplace pension scheme (Employer: 3% / Employee: 4% / Tax Relief: 1% / Total: 8%)
- Private medical insurance (medical history disregarded)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free ChipX subscription for UK-based employees
- We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited holiday (policy not to count) ✈️
- Annual £1500 Personal Learning Allowance
- £30 per month Chip Fitness Benefit to suit your Mental/Physical Wellbeing
- Company laptop
- Opportunity to have a huge impact on our product while fast-tracking your knowledge, responsibility and skills in a high-growth fintech startup 🚀
Our Interview Process: 📖
- Video screen with someone from our Talent team
- Short take-home test
- Video interview with the hiring manager
- Final interview with Engineering Manager and Product Manager
Our mission is to build wealth for our generation
Chip started out in 2017 as a clever app to help people save without lifting a finger.
Fast forward five years, and now we’ve grown into an award-winning wealth app used by over 500,000 people. And we’re not slowing down.
We know planning for your future can be a tedious, daunting task often avoided, so we want to change that. We're building the wealth app for our community, giving them one place for saving and investing.
We're giving customers control and guidance to effortlessly build their long-term wealth using award-winning tech, while celebrating their achievements along the way.
We’re not bankers
Chip has a creative and diverse team of 130, from all different backgrounds and industries. We’re driven and passionate people, but no one takes themselves too seriously.
Don’t just take our word for it. We have a few awards under our belt, including Best Personal Finance App at the 2022 British Bank Awards.
Everything you do matters, Care about the end result, Challenge the norm, Disagree, yet commit to making it happen once a decision has been made, Do the best job possible
Share our Ambition and do your bit to achieve it, Innovate: challenge the norm, break the mould and make it happen, Set goals that truly align with our mission, Do your best for our customers
Work cross-functionally - we win as a team, Build strong relationships based on trust, Treat others fairly and respectfully, Hold others to account, Be supportive and inclusive, Have fun together
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and home life. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It’s talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
Note to Agencies
Chip does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to any of our live roles on our career page. Chip will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee relating to these unsolicited CVs. Chip explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Chip.